Thursday, June 4, 2009

The knock....

The knock....
Someday soon, I expect the knock at my door. Or the knocking down of my door.
Not because I am a bad American, but because I am still an old-time American. And I suspect that's no longer the thing to be.
What America is becoming, has become, scares the dickens out of me.
And not just for one or 2 differences of opinion with the majority, mob rule.
It's the core of what made America great through the end of the 20th century.
Sure there where faults. But most were being overcome logically. The problem is the illogical usurption of what could have been wih the future we now face.

1 comment:

Archie said...

The surgery went well. I doubt if I had waited longer, under Universal Health Care, I would have survived. So I still consider myself lucky. Thanks to my friends for the visits, calls and cards. If I'm still employed the next rounds are on me.